Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sigma Cosmetics Creme de Couture Collection


All three Crème de Couture Blushes

The new Sigma Crème de Couture collection debuted a few months ago with quite the splash. Several beauty gurus showed their eye pallets, which are amazing, but I felt their blushes got very little love. Though I did want to get the 16 matte eyeshadows, I really wanted the blushes. Like the eyeshadows, the blushes are also inspired by macaroons. Bright and beautiful I could not help but wonder what they could do for my pale skin. Would I look like Effie Trinket from the Hunger Games or would they look natural?
 
 
Wearing Blackberry Essence as a contour and Cherry Apple

Once my package arrived I noted what other had said. These blushes are small. They are approximately one inch in diameter, or the size of a 50 cent piece. Does anyone know how big those are anymore? :> In the pan, the blushes looked very bright. I thought the Strawberry Ambrosia would be wearable but I feared the other two. I should not have.  
I applied these with a fluffy powder brush from Sephora. It has been discontinued. The blackberry essence is the perfect contour color on my cheek. I cannot explain how a purple can do this, but it acts on me as bronzer has never been able to – it makes me look thin and healthy. I love this shade. I will never be able to live without it. Above that, I have been rotating Strawberry Ambrosia and Cherry Apple on the apples of my cheeks. It gives a hint of color without being bright or annoying.


These are my favorite blushes in my makeup wardrobe. They glide on, cause my skin to glow, and even make me look younger without being obvious. These are the best blushes I own.

If you have any doubt, buy these.

Value: I think they are a good value. You get .12 oz of product for $12, or the set of all three with the Crème de Contour eyeshadow pallet for $55. By way of comparison you get .20 oz of product in a Tarte Amazonian Clay blush for $24.

Wear: This lasts all day with my makeup and looks amazing.

Color Selection: Limited, but the colors they offer are great.

Other Notes: These are phthalates and parabens. Sigma is cruelty free and none of these blushes contains carmine.

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars. Highly recommended.  
 
Where to Purchase: www.sigmacosmetics.com
Cherry Apple open, showing the card it comes with
Close-up Blackberry Essence
Close-up Cherry Apple
Close-up Strawberry Ambrosia
 
All three blushes, open




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment