Friday, October 25, 2013

Lorac 3D Liquid Lustre Holiday Review






What: Lorac 3D Liquid Lustre Set
Where: http://www.loraccosmetics.com/, Sephora at JC Penney
How Much: $28 dollars
Animal Friendly Factor?: Cruelty Free company, no animal products

Quick Notes:

#1 – Value – You get 4 full sized bottles for $28. One bottle of Diamond is normally $16. That means this set’s value is $64, so it is a good value.  
#2 – Health – This product is free of parabens and phthalates.
#3 – Love Neutrals? – These are all neutral, if you can call glowing disco glitter ‘neutral’. However, if you wear nude or neutral shades during the day, these will work quite well to give them a huge pop at night.
#4 – Scent – There is no scent to this, so it will not irritate your eyes or skin.
#5 – Wear – These do tend to flake if they are on your eyelids, so live with the fact you will have some fallout.

The Rundown:

I have a ton of makeup. I have makeup like Imelda Marcos had shoes. So, it takes something special to make me act like a blithering idiot in the middle of a store. That is exactly what happened last week. After going to the regular Sephora at my mall, I went to the Sephora in JC Penny’s. I thought the products would be the same, but I was wrong.  

Lorac 3D liquid lustre is liquid light, but so much more than that. It is an incredibly finely milled micro glitter suspended in a smooth liquid. It is meant to be a standalone shadow or it can be layered over another type of eyeshadow. My favorite way to wear this around the eye is to pop a bit in the middle of the eye as a highlight or at the corner of the eye. If you want a small touch of shine, you can easily mix this with lotion or moisturizer for a glow on your face or skin.


The Colors:  

Diamond is the star of this set. It is the only permanent shade included, and thank all gods that it is. It is beyond any easy description, save for the fact the color is much more fire opal than diamond. Not only is there an ethereal white base, but reflects of green, red, and gold. It must be seen to be believed. After wearing this, I understand why it is sold out at Sephora.   

Platinum is a dark silver. To me, the base color leans more toward pewter than platinum. It has blue, magenta, and green reflects. A touch of this on a black shadow is amazing. This shade is limited edition.


Amethyst is a plum base with tons of magenta sparks and a few flashes of copper. If you know me, you know I love all forms of purple, but this was my least favorite of the set, only because I loved the others so much more. This shade is limited edition.

Topaz is a light copper base with tons of green, pink and gold reflects. I hate browns, but I love this. It glows with an unnatural fire, and when paired with some of the coppers from my Urban Decay Vice 1 and Vice 2 pallets looks like dragon scales. This shade is limited edition.

FINAL WRAP UP:

This is a slightly unique product. It is not a shadow or liner, but it can be used in a ton of ways. The color payoff of these lustres is amazing, but the fallout is a bit of a bummer. I still love them. There is nothing better for a night out!  






No comments:

Post a Comment